Yankee Candle¨ is proud to use only the finest quality ingredients and materials for its candles to bring you the maximum enjoyment and pleasure as your burn them. They do not use lead core wicks. It's important, however, that you use candles responsibly to ensure their safe use. Please follow the guidelines to keep Yankee Candles a bright and beautiful part of your life.
- Remove all packaging before lighting.
- Place on a protected, heat-resistant, dry surface, away from anything that can catch fire, and out of reach of children and pets. Use holders designed for the particular candle style.
- Trim wick(s) to 1/8" before lighting.
- If smoking occurs, blow candle out. Trim wick(s), remove trimmings, and relight.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any combustible material. Keep the wick centered. Avoid drafts.
- Keep burning candles within sight at all times.
- Handle with care; glass containers are fragile. Avoid glass-to-glass contact when removing or replacing the lid. Do not use if cracked, chipped or scratched. Do not refill with wax.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar. The jar may become hot. Handle carefully.
- To minimize wax left on the sides of the jar, burn 3 hours at a time; it is normal for some wax to be left, the amount varying per color, fragrance and burning conditions.
- Prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface by discontinuing use when 1/2" of wax remains.
- Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.
- When wax pool reaches the candle’s edge, extinguish flame and allow candle to harden before relighting. This will prevent dripping.
- To prevent possible dripping: avoid drafts, excessive vibrations or nearby heat sources.
- Candle (hurricane) lamps may cause dripping due to the build up of heat. We suggest using bobeche, decorative accessories designed to catch dripping wax.
- Be sure tapers are straight, and set firmly in their holders.
- Trim the taper's wick to 1/8" before lighting.
Scented Tea Lights
- Do not burn in an enclosed space like a potpourri pot. For this purpose use Yankee¨ Tart¨ Warmers (unscented tea lights), and be sure the burner is well-ventilated.
- If wick smokes or builds up carbon, extinguish flame and remove the carbon before relighting.
- Burn only in an appropriate holder. Do not burn freestanding.
Tarts¨ Wax Potpourri
- Place Tarts¨ Wax Potpourri in the top of a dry potpourri burner and never add water. Light one of the unscented Tarts¨ Warmers (never use scented tea lights) for a controlled low flame made especially for potpourri burners. When melted, the wax potpourri will release its wonderful fragrance.
- To change fragrance, extinguish the Tarts¨ Warmer flame and allow the melted Tarts¨ Wax Potpourri to harden. Gently tap the sides of the burner and in most cases the wax will pop out. Discard the melted wax potpourri or store in a plastic bag for reuse.
- If using an electric potpourri pot, we recommend that you use one that is UL listed for safety assurance.
Warning: If used incorrectly oil warmers are potentially dangerous, only use in accordance with instructions.
Read the following instructions carefully and completely before each use.
- Before each use ensure unit is dry, clean, and free of deposits.
- Place unit on a level, heat and flame resistant, surface away from drafty areas, other heat sources, and flammable objects.
- Add up to 20 drops of your favorite Yankee Candle ¨ home fragrance oil to the bowl. Do not over-fill the bowl. Do not place wax potpourri in the bowl.
- Place a Yankee Candle¨ unscented, metal encased, tea light candle in the center of the base and light candle. Never use scented tea light candles.
- Allow heat from candle to warm the oil. As the oil warms, fragrance will be released into the room. When desired fragrance level is achieved, extinguish flame and allow unit to cool. Unit will become hot while in use - do not touch while in use. Allow unit, oil and tea light candle to cool completely before touching.
- Oil may be added to bowl as long as there is oil in the bowl. If no oil remains in the bowl, extinguish candle and allow unit to cool before refilling bowl.
- Never leave unit unattended. Keep face away from unit while lit.
- Do not use perfume oils intended for use on the skin.
- Do not add water to hot oil.
- Use only with Yankee Candle¨ home fragrance oils.
- Keep away from children and pets.
To clean:ĘDispose of tea light and any remaining oil once unit has cooled. Wipe with dry cloth and remove excess oil and deposits.